Mothers 07240 California Gold Clay Bar System
- Removes embedded grains of metal, tree sap, airborne environmental deposits and paint overspray for “new” look
- Safe to use on paint
- Includes 2 clay bars, Showtime Instant Detailer, Microfiber towel
- Regular use provides a long lasting benefit to your vehicle
- Size Guide
- Reviews (0)
- Clay Bar Detailing Tips
- Instant Detailer Detailing Tips
Mothers California Gold Clay Bar System was created to remove the particulate debris and contaminants that washing and polishing can’t, our exclusive Clay Bar System will remove embedded grains of metal, tree sap, airborne environmental deposits and paint overspray.
Better yet, our clay bar isn’t hazardous to your paint—it’s just firm enough to pick up the bad stuff, without being too aggressive. Use Mothers Clay Bar to get rid of paint-fouling grime and pave the way for complete waxing.
- Before using the clay bar, apply a liberal layer of Mothers Instant Detailer (in a sweeping motion) on a freshly washed surface. This film will serve as a lubricant for the clay bar so it doesn't stick and leave behind any deposits.
- To remove deposits, simply slide the clay bar over the lubricated surface. Be sure to knead the bar regularly to expose fresh clay.
- Since a clay bar is so effective at removing deposits it takes off wax as well. Plan on re-waxing the finish after using a clay bar. So if you plan to polish, seal and wax, do it after using a clay bar.
- When used with clay bar, work in small sections and spray liberally in a sweeping motion, onto cool, clean, car panel before using clay bar. Ensure paint surface is thoroughly lubricated when used with clay bar. Use a microfiber towel to dry off excess Instant Detailer and move onto the next area to be clayed.
- A smart way to deal with really heavy dirt, sap, bird droppings and other stuck-on stuff is to pre-treat the extra-dirty sections of bodywork. Hit that nasty spot with a spritz of Mothers Instant Detailer. Soak the offending area liberally, and allow the solution to penetrate before washing the entire car.
- Looking for more shine? Just use Mothers Instant Detailer on a wet, freshly washed car to turn up the shine. Just spray one section at a time covering each area liberally, spread the instant detailer around evenly with a fresh microfiber towel.